Israel Crane House: The Israel Crane House features an extensive collection of decorative arts (e.g., furniture, paintings, textiles) from the 18th and 19th century displayed in the 1796 mansion. The exterior kitchen collection includes utensils, pots and pans, dishware and pewter that primarily date from the 18th and 19th century.
Nathaniel Crane House: The first floor of the Nathaniel Crane House features a collection of antique general store merchandise and equipment, including wares, sales counters, gates, and post office pigeon holes. Mrs. Roy Tomlinson, who donated the property on which the Israel Crane House is now located, gave her collection to the Montclair Historical Society in 1967. The second floor of the Nathaniel Crane is a replica 19th century schoolroom with a collection of period artifacts.
The Charles Shultz House: This intact collection of all the contents of the house reflect a family’s life from the time the house was built in the last decade of the 19th century until it was donated to the Montclair Historical Society in the last decade of the 20th century. The collection includes oil paintings from the late 1800s, including an original George Inness painting; an extensive collection of scientific equipment, including microscopes and plates; a vast collection of rock specimens; and furniture and decorative arts collected by the Shultz family in the United States and on their world travels.
The Clark House: The Clark House, and more specifically the Albert P. Terhune Library, house an extensive collection of books, maps, directories, exhibit panels, and other ephemera primarily from northern New Jersey dating from the last three centuries.